At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Monday, June 18, 2012

Helping Others Help Isaac

Aside from pre-preschool at the early intervention center the only other time Isaac is ever left with others is at church in our church nursery which is staffed by caring volunteers.

We are fortunate that many of the volunteers know at least some sign language and the regular volunteers are well aware of Isaac's speech challenges, but for the other volunteers who perhaps aren't that familiar with signing I felt it important to help them - help Isaac with a signing chart, so they wouldn't be at a loss to what in the word is that little guy trying to say with those gestures!

Thus,...I set up Isaac a new diaper bag.




I needed a sturdy clear bag and found exactly what I needed in this travel kit, which I scored for only $8.00. The pockets hold the paper with the sign chart perfectly. 

With sign images, I made the charts on my word processor program and kept the signs very simple. 

The blue labeled signs are signs that Isaac knows and uses regularly. The red labeled signs are what we are working on and what might apply in a church setting.  

It was so easy to just slipped the charts in the side pockets where they are protected and highly visible!
On the largest front pocket, I also added a cover letter with a brief explanation about Apraxia and our contract information - blocked out for this posting on the net, of course. 



As always I added pictures of my little guy so there is never a question that this is Isaac's bag!


The two other pouches also came with the travel kit, so we are super organized!!!!

A great inexpensive way to help others,...help my Isaac!



Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.