At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tangled In Red Tape,...

Not posted in a bit because I've been a bit busy with trying to set up appointments to have Isaac's developmental delays tested,...finally got an appointment for April, 2013!

Also, very tangled here with Insurance, Transition and EI meetings,...

Seems heartless how a child gets kicked out of the system when they turn the ancient age of Three years old!

Surely there could be a better system to get these children the help they need without having bewildered mothers and fathers tangled in all this red tape?

Not very encouraging either,...I went to a special needs preschool meeting and the director spent more time telling me how my child WOULDN'T qualify for their program,...then what could be done to HELP him.

She talked while my son played at our feet,...with barely six words at his command and I am thinking, "Whether or not my son qualifies,...he NEEDS helps,...if you can't help him,...where do I go please?"

Stepping off soapbox.

Today is election day and I am getting to blog,...because my husband and I headed to the polls early,...with Isaac in tow,...of course...







There is good news to report,...

Last Wednesday,...Isaac called me: Mama,...for the very first time....Miss Fern, his speech pathologist was there to witness,...Isaac trying to get my attention as he signed helped and said, "Mama!"

And of course,...Mama helped him open that toy --

Waiting for my next Mama,...but I heard it once and I know it's in there,...surely Apraxia will allow my little guy to say it again!

Also,...lots of jabbering and imitation from Isaac,...he's attempting to talk and to his mind when he's babbling away - I guess he is talking....Communicating anyway....

Isaac remembered the last time I voted with him - a few weeks ago on an amendments thingy....It was just him and me,...and afterwards I put my sticker on his nose,...he loved it,...and remembered because when he got a sticker this morning,...it went straight to his cute little button nose!!!

Hopefully all this red tape will get untangled and I can blog more frequently,...

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.