At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I.I.

Isaac is just a little guy barely three years old. He looks tiny sitting between his big brothers,...he's had a lot to deal with in the past year getting dragged to one therapy session after another, evaluations, classes,...where ALL the adults want him to sign: MORE, PLEASE, AGAIN,...ect.

                                


The nicest part of Apraxia right now is Isaac doesn't know he has any motor processing delays,...he's just Isaac,...or I.I.,...he's newest nickname in the hopes it will be easier for him to say I.I. than Isaac, which in the complex world of motor planning is quite a mouthful.... 


Apraxia ties his tongue, but it has not influence of his enjoyment of cookies, or his dedication to exploring his world,...if I.I. can't say it,...he'll sign it,...and that has been such a blessing for our communication...




I.I.'s favorite word and sign at the moment is 3,...very fitting since he is three years old and 3:3 in the brotherhood with his big brothers.

Tomorrow, I.I. has evaluations at the Children's Hospital,...should be a long day, but important so we will know what direction we need to take in our little guy's therapies to help him bridge the gap between being I.I. and Isaac.


Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.