At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Monday, April 15, 2013

One Life Touched,....



Just a little over a year ago,...with Isaac's diagnosis of Apraxia, we pushed open the door to the Special Needs community,...not exactly sure where we were or if we were even in the right place.

Since then, I like other special needs mothers have been reaching out,...blogging,...but even more important reading others blogs,...to learn, to be inspired, encouraged,...to laugh a little,...cry a little and pray a lot.

Thursday evening while going through my blog roll,...I clicked onto: Love That Max
sometimes, I link-along on the generous Weekend Link-up,...but more often,...I just check out some of the other moms and their stories,...feeling part of a community really helps during those times,...when you feel soooo alone.

Max's mother, Ellen,...shared a prayer request for Gavin from: Chasing Rainbows
A tragically quick illness has threatening this beautiful little boy. My husband and I were both touched by his story and prayed for Gavin and his family.

Sunday evening Gavin's mother, Kate blogged about their loss and the beauty of Gavin's passing and the generosity of his ability to heal others with his donated organs.

Three days,...only three days,...was I aware of Gavin's existence,...and yet I cried at the news of his passing with glupping sobs,...I cried for and with his parents, his little brother, his family and friends, and others who knew this amazing little boy.

One life touched,...my life,...for I am a better person for having known Gavin, even ever so briefly,...stronger, wiser,....and yes,...happier,...because his legacy is joy,...the joy he brought to his parents, his siblings, his family and friends,...and me,...a perfect stranger,...on the other side of an electric circuit,...who will not forget the lessons taught over the past three days,....kindness,...generosity and JOY,....

Thank  you,...Gavin.

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.