At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Monday, May 6, 2013

Wuv U,...

To Isaac:

"I love you," says Mommy
"I love you," says Daddy
"I love you," says Big Brothers

Isaac has heard he is loved his entire life,....



Hug, Hold, Kiss,...have been mandates,...plus verbal, "I love you."



'I love you, Isaac."

How many times a day has Isaac heard those words? Hundreds!!!

Even during the trying times,...hyperactivity, tears, sheer stubbornness and avid curiosity which gets him into mischief,...like spilling entire jars of instant coffee for sensory play!!!!

Still we say:

"I love you, Isaac."

With apraxia,...Isaac hasn't been able to answer,...but his blue-grey eyes can soulfully gaze, his hugs are hard, his kisses sweet,...and those giggles of delight!!!!!,....Oh yes,...we know Isaac loves us too!

However last night when I was changing Isaac into his fluffernuttersuit, i.e. blanket sleeper pajamas,...he was lying on the bed,...signing like mad and trying to get my attention. I thought he was trying to tell me something about Veggie Tales,...but he wasn't. 

Hugging his chest with crossed arms and then pointing at me,...Isaac kept saying, "Wuv U,...Wuv U."

So stunned,...it took me a moment to realize,...Isaac was saying, "Love you."

He had said it the day before,...when after my 234th 'I love you' - on Saturday, Isaac quite effortlessly replied, "I love you."

Plain as day!!!!

Oh, the hugs and kisses and laughter and celebrating!!!!

Daddy and our Big Guys barely believed me,...because Isaac being Isaac,...he didn't repeat the phrase,...no matter how much begging and pleading and sheer bribing was offered. 

Of course, apraxia is cruel that way,...I love you, plain as day on Saturday,...was a difficult to understand "Wuv U." on Sunday,....but we've noticed when Isaac has to concentrate to speak,...his speech is slower, duller and more difficult to understand than when he is able to speak without concentrating on his motor processing,...CLASSIC APRAXIA,...

But we don't care,..."I love you - Wuv U." - it means the same thing!!!





Onward, towards the future and new challenges to conquer with hope and faith and LOVE!!!

1st Cornithians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.