At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Brothers,...



While raising our older sons, Teddy and Michael it never occurred to us, my husband and myself, that we would or could ever have another child, but four years ago,...July 5, 2009,...we sat Teddy and Michael down and told them our lives were about to be forever changed. 

Isaac was on his way.

How did my older guys react?

Shock, surprise, and then absolute utter delight. In fact they were so excited they went outside and saluted the news with the last of our sky rockets left over from the 4th of July.

We, of course, didn't know at first Isaac would have special needs, although his severe jaundice and harrowing four days in the NICU should have been a portent. But even if we had known, it wouldn't have mattered. We love Isaac, as is, because he is so uniquely unique. 

My post today was actually going to be quite different, I was wanting to share some of our progress on Isaac's TEACCH set up and some of the projects I have planned for his therapy this fall. 

Then my son Michael, the one without the beard, posted a YouTube link onto my Facebook wall,...and I hope I am linking it properly here:


The link should take you to YouTube and if you do link have some tissues handy because this is the most precious video about two brothers. I sobbed. 

Note: correction on title of YouTube video, the correct title is: What is it like to have a brother with autism? The link is correct, I just goofed on the title and I wanted to make sure I got it right, because the young man who posted the video - deserves proper credit.

Such acceptance, pride and brotherly love,...nothing new to Isaac,...it is all he has ever known.







Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.