At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Friday, August 23, 2013

First Day Preschool,...

First day of preschool for Isaac this week,...and for the record no one cried,...neither him nor me.


However our little night owl wasn't thrilled with being awake at 7:30 in the morning, although we did try to get Isaac into bed at an earlier hour,...we had partial success,...but like anything with autism it is a work-in-progress,...



Thankfully Isaac did like his backpack loaded with all the essentials for a preschooler. 


By the time Isaac gets into college the backpack should fit,...


Proper perspective is needed to remember that our great-big preschooler is still just a little guy with a lot of challenges ahead of him.


It is a tad mind-boggling that my husband and I are spending the week of our 29th wedding anniversary sending our little miracle to his first day of preschool....


First sight of the playground at school and Isaac, in his carseat, was signing and saying, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"


That playground made the rest of the preschool transition simple as: 1, 2, 3,...and it was that quick to get a goodbye kiss from Isaac and a happy wave....

---------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue: 

So that first morning Isaac went to into his class, my husband went to work, and I went home and cleaned house without my little helper at my side. 

It was an odd experience, the house was too quiet, and I missed those super-sonic steps pattering up and down our hallway. Although, our home did get an extra good scrubbing, which it sorely needed, I rediscovered the fact that a spotless clean house is actually pretty boring...

Give me fingerprints and crumbs,...if I means I get Isaac's bright and sunny smile too...

After lunch, I confess I did watch the clock, ready and eager to get my little guy,...especially when a couple thunderstorms roared through our area with thunder and lightening and torrential rains. Fortunately school dismissal was in a rain-free window. 

Speaking of windows, peeking through the class window, when we went to pick him up, we saw Isaac was happily playing with a shelf of toys, (by the way - Isaac's preschool classroom is HUGE,...the size of two normal classrooms,...and beautifully appointed and supplied, I might add). When we entered, (My oldest son, Teddy and myself) Isaac ran to us with such delight, one of the aides said:

 "Wow! Just look at the smile for Mommy!"

"You mean, big brother," I corrected for Isaac predictably leapt into Teddy's arms as they are buddys extraordinare! 

However, I did get an extra good hug and kiss from Isaac while his teacher was telling us what a 'great day' Isaac had, so much so, he even NAPPED!!!!! 

No, I didn't fall over with shock due to the unexpected napping,...I was too thankful my little guy seemed so happy and had such a great day!

--------------------------------------------------------

No doubt, in the future, Isaac will have more school adventures to share,...

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!























2 comments:

  1. Here via Love That Max. Loving your blog and going to follow it. I particularly liked your ocmment about oce Isaac goes into college the backpack will fit. Wishign him lots of success on h is school journey. Keep sharing. And congrats on your wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Astrid for your kind words and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.