At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Thursday, August 29, 2013

For Posterity,...

This past weekend my husband and I celebrated his 50th birthday and our 29th wedding anniversary by going out to dinner with our guys, which for us is a treat and an achievement to get everyone in the same place at the same time, as our older guys have very busy work and school schedules. 



Normally on such occasions we have a photo-shoot while waiting on our table at the restaurant, it passes the time, and I get great photos of my guys for posterity. 


However last Sunday evening we were seated at once, so our pictures were take post-supper.

Needless to say Isaac is not a fan of photo-shoots,...one: you have to stand still, and two: making eye contact is not always comfortable for him. 


Sometimes Isaac is a sport and humors mother, but most of the time,...he doesn't,...and it is not unusual for me to take 60+ pictures and have only one or two worth keeping...if that.


Often we try distraction,...


Only Isaac has an I.Q.,...higher than all of ours collectively,...


We try,...shrugging it off with a laugh,...after all Isaac is in the picture,...


Sort of,...


My pleas for posterity are met with Isaac's sign that means, "Mother, enough, PLEASE!"


The very last picture was actually the winner,...even if Isaac doesn't look impressed with the goofy-expressions and silly voice I was using to get his attention. I know I was insulting his intelligence, but for posterity Mamas will go to just about any lengths.

Thanks to all my guys for so patiently putting up with my photo shoots,...I am blessed to live with such precious people!

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.