At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Saturday I Cried,...


Autism Speaks 2013 walk for us was Saturday,....


Isaac was there with his loyal crew,...

The weather on Saturday was perfect! Gorgeous blue skies, moderate temperatures, and as icing on the cake, we even found a parking spot without too much trouble!

Previously I had high hopes to make tee-shirts for our team: Double AA for Isaac,...but Isaac's croup last week and my die-cutting machine going on the blink sank that plan,...hopefully next year. 

The (free) bounce houses had Isaac soooo entranced we missed the entire opening ceremonies, and when we got him coaxed into his stroller, we found ourselves at the very back of the crowd, which actually put us at the very front of the starting line. 

With a crowd countdown, which Isaac absolutely loved - as if we were doing it just for him - we all chanted: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,....and Zero,...that Isaac added on his very own,...the ribbons were cut, and the walk began.

That's when I lost it. 

Talk about being overwhelmed with emotions,...tears were streaming down my face. I did my best to wipe them away before our crew caught on, but I couldn't help the overflowing. 

Have you every wondered if it matters if you show up at one of these events?

Yeah, it does. It matters a lot, in moral support those whose lives are affected, if nothing else. 

Honestly, it was the good-will being exuded from the fine people at the event that had me sobbing with such gratitude. 

A couple hundred or so, strong, these people, care, truly care about the condition my little one has,...they care so much,...they gave up a beautiful Saturday morning,...they went out of their comfort zone, for some,...to help raise money,...they were inconvenienced in preparations,...but yet they still showed to support Autism Awareness.  



Folks,...your support matters,...it matters to this little guy,...and his Mama,...that would be me.

Thank you.


Pushing closer to four years old, but Isaac's still a very little guy dealing with his double A diagnosis:
 Autism and Apraxia


"Now these three remain,...faith, hope and love,...but the greatest of these is love."
- 1Corinthians 13:13


Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.