At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Friday, December 12, 2014

Answered Prayers,...

 It is not hard for Isaac to find a cozy spot in the evening,...especially when it is bitterly cold, and when my husband recently brought this beanbag home for our basement man-cave, Isaac had other ideas and promptly wrapped himself into a glowingly cozy cubby,...content and cute,...and so reminiscent of Isaac's introduction to the world,...I was taken aback when I saw the photos.



As a newborn, Isaac had severe jaundice due to very high bilirubin levels. Here is Isaac during his second night at home looking like a babe out of a star-trek episode in his eerily glowing cradle. 



This picture was taken only a few hours before our precious little guy had a breathing crisis and had to be rushed to the Children's Hospital in the wee hours of the morning. Scary, scary, scary,...and heartbreaking when Isaac was whisk away to the NICU (newborn intensive care unit), and my husband and I found ourselves shell-shocked and wandering through the eerily still corridors with an empty carseat. And to be frank, I don't even remember how we ended up in the cafeteria, but I do know when my husband set that empty carseat on the table,...we both broke down and bitterly wept tears of despair,...our little miracle baby had just been given to us,...his little life was on the line, and we couldn't bear the thought of him being taken away,...

As people of faith, my husband and I turned to our faith,...and cried out with desperate prayers for healing for our little one,...we just wanted him to survive,...we never asked for him to be perfect or typical,...just alive,...and our prayers were answered,...a thousand fold,...for Isaac survived his crisis,...and now nearly five years later,... he is so vibrantly alive!!!!


That everyone in the world could be as happy as Isaac,...he seemingly finds joy in everything!


And I do mean everything,...as I was uploading these pictures, Isaac visited me in my office and I happened to have a piece of bubble wrap from an airmailed package. I squeezed the bubble wrap to make some POP,...and then handed the plastic to Isaac,...his eyes lit up and in an awed tone, he breathed, "WOW!!!!" 


"WOW!!!" - is what I think when I think of our answered prayers,...we are so grateful to have the honor to have Isaac in our lives,...life is not dull, by no means, when Isaac is around,...his little spirit glows from within like the happy little person he is,...content to be himself and love others as their-selves,...he's not asking us to be perfect, or typical, or anything other than to be in his vibrant little life. 

And so we are,....thank you LORD for answered prayers!!!

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.