At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Friday, December 5, 2014

One Of Those Days,...

Today started off as One Of Those Days,...Isaac was running late to school, or rather I was running a little late getting Isaac to school,...we made it to school in good time, but we had to rush,...and rushing with a child on the spectrum can be fraught with peril,...but Isaac did get to school, only as a rushing-result, I ended up with a massive headache, which wasn't helped by the state of our home - clutter-city - and my attempts to declutter were agonizingly slow,...and madness, with a massive headache, I attempted to put up a new window blind,...what was I thinking? 

Amidst the chaos the door-bell rings,...it was FedX, and I was frantically trying to remember what I may or may not have ordered, because I don't remember ordering ANYTHING,...but the long, and suspiciously narrow box was for me,...and my eyes were ROUND with wonder when I opened it to find TWO DOZEN red roses,...as you see,...splendidly beautiful red roses,...



Now,...my husband is an absolutely sweetie,...we're 32 years strong and still wildly in love with one another, and delivered flowers aren't unknown to me,...but the only hitch,...it's not our anniversary nor is it my birthday,...and when I called my hubby to 'thank' - I drew a blank, "....ahhhhh" - from my husband, 'cause the flowers weren't from him,...and he's got too much ethics to claim credit where credit isn't due,...also he was a 'tad' curious who was sending his wife,...gorgeous, gorgeous roses,...

So was I? Because it took some digging to find a card,...and when I did,...I quite frankly,...broke down sobbing,...so overwhelmed,...because the flowers are from Kulturecity: (http://www.kulturecity.org),...a local autism charity,...and the occasion was nothing more than a HUGE HUG of support and encouragement to this mother of a special needs child,...WOW,...WOW,...WOW!!!!!


Who gets red roses out of the blue? This is like fairy-tale stuff,...and I suspect that's how the fine folks at Kutlturecity wanted their offering to be taken,...and it is so hard to express exactly how touched I am for their care and concern,....because one of the harder aspects of autism is a sense of isolation,...as typical 'social' activities can be quite complicated,...so any and all support is so welcome and appreciated,...and such thoughtfulness and such kindness to send flowers to a caregiver,...just BECAUSE,...they truly care about my child and me,...and of course my guys too,...but those flowers had mine name on them,...boy was today a day when I needed an encouraging lift,...and did I ever get one!!!!!


Trying to pay it forward,...I couldn't resist taking some of the roses to Isaac's school to share the joy,...because Isaac's teachers and aides and therapist are true heroes in my book,...these individuals have chose to spend their professional lives helping special needs children,...and their patience, and professionalism and humor, because hello,...humor is needed when working with Isaac and some of his challenging challenges,...all those aspects are truly inspirational,...


A HUGE,...thank you to Kulturecity for their kindness and support,...and THANK YOU to everyone who supports special needs charities,...this is the end game of your generosity,...special needs families being encouraged and helped along their journey,....

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.