At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

50 Reasons I am Glad I am 50


2015 is a significant year for us,...Isaac turned 5 years old, and this February I've turned 50,...a milestone that deserves its own post,...and thus I'd like to share 50 reasons why I am glad I am 50 years old.

  1. My Salvation,...as a woman of faith, my faith is very important to me,...paramount in fact!

    "For God so loved the world HE gave his only begotten Son, whosoever believes in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

  2. The LORD'S provision, ---- 2014 was a tough year for us and this verse rang true!

"...for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave nor forsake you."
 Deuteronomy 31:6 

  3. The JOY and PEACE, the LORD provides:

"...for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
      Nehemiah 8:10

 --- and --- 

"...and the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind."
 - Philippians 4:7

  4. My husband Lynn,...30 years of marriage, 30 years of love and adventure with my soulmate!
  5. My Teddy - my first baby, my first son, he is aptly named: Theodore - "Gift of God!"
  6. My Michael - he will ALWAYS be my baby - even though he has grown into a fabulous man!
  7. My Isaac, my miracle, my blessing, my laughter, my joy, my heart - and it is so true:
     Isaac experiences the world in a different way and he makes sure YOU do too!
  8. My extended family,...support and blessings,...like my big brother's phone calls!!!
  9. My friends,...they add joy to the journey,...in person and on the net too!
10. My church family,...from praise and worship to service projects,...they are wonderful!
11. Highlands Haven's Special Needs Ministry: Church for us would not be possible without them!
12. The BIBLE,...God's love letter to us.
13. The USA,...still a free country!
14. My home,...older house, like me, getting vintage, but we have a HUGE yard for Isaac!
15. My garden,...anyone who gardens know the importance of this reason, 'cause any reason to
      garden is a good reason!
16.  My writing career,...I will be publishing my first novel,...THIS year!!!
17.  Technology,...so cool to be living in the 21st century.
18.  Being born in 1965,...so I can speak of the LAST Century with authority!
19.  Being half a century old,...it's a blessing, not granted to everyone.
20.  Being able to have the maturity of experience,...the perspective helps when life is difficult. 
21.  Being able to blog,...such a blessing to share world-wide. 
22.  Being part of the Special Needs community,...for so much of my first 50 years, I wasn't aware
       of the needs,...until it touches your life,...it's hard to see and know and understand, but now I do.
23.  Having grown-up sons,...who know how to fix things and like to shop, or at least shop with me!
24.  Having a preschooler,...not many 50 year olds out there still buying diapers for their own child!
25.  Having a steam cleaner,...crazy reason, but it took me 50 years to get one, and it's change my
       life and health,...NEVER has our house been so clean!!!
26.  Having a smartphone,...it's a computer in my purse that makes telephone calls, can't get over it!
27.  Having the internet,...or this blog would not take place! 
28.  Kale,...I am dedicated to this green leafy vegetable,...
29.  Cherries,...when you are fifty years old you can't afford NOT to eat them!
30.  Birthday Cake,...this year I got THREE...from my three sons!!!



31. Rice cooker,...not just for rice,...I use mine nearly every day!
32. Electric kettle,...add water, flip switch, boiling water ready in minutes,...LOVE!
33. Search Engines like Google,...after fifty years I still have an inquiring mind, and its quicker than
      flipping through encyclopedia or hunting though reference books at the library!!!
34. Living with thoughtful people,...flowers 'just for you' are not a rarity in my life!




35.  A camera on my phone,...how else would I get so many good pix of Isaac like this!

 Isaac's fourth birthday



And this:

Isaac's fifth birthday


36. My Kindle, which means I have access to hundreds of books on my phone! Talk about miracles!
37. My Vitamix,...high speed blender make eating nutritiously easier!
38. Dark Chocolate,...need I say more?
39. My 40's are over,...so "Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Hey-Hey-Goodbye!" -it was a tough decade!
40. My gray hair: it is closer to true gray than salt and pepper, which is fine by me, I was never
      into streaking my hair,...which is un-dyed, my choice, it's simple, and easy and me,....and my 
      husband likes it,...and he's the only one that really matters,...
41. Confidence that maturity gives like a gift,...it is easy to tell people how you REALLY feel!




42. Red boots,...I save coins from the laundry for three years to be able to make a splurge purchase
      on my 50th birthday,...and I chose to order a pair of red boots for my half century mark,...but
      never fear,...they ain't over the top, fire-engine red stilettos, I have Isaac to chase, so I picked a
      pair of teeth-chattering expensive hiking boots in a deep burgundy red,...it was a fun experience
      and took a lot of the 'oh-no-I am-turing-the big-Five-O' out of the anticipation,...trust me, anyone
      in their 40's looking at 50 with trepidation,...instead of a midlife crisis,....get some red boots!
43. Hiking,...hey I've got to have somewhere to wear my red boots,...and thankfully Isaac's awareness of security and the ability to obey and stay close (HUGE CONCERNS) has improved enough we will be enjoying the great outdoors with our little guy, and big guys too,...this was something we didn't think we'd get to do,...just two short years ago,...but we can,...and no doubt, I'll be posting!
44. Discounts and Perks,...are only a couple years away: hey, a bargain is a bargain!
45. My husband's attitude,...he says we are not growing old,...we are merely growing older. 
46. Growing older with the love of my life,...isn't that every woman's dream? 
47. Learning,...the ability to grow your mind through knowledge is not hampered by age,..and there is so much yet to see and do and learn and know and experience,...with Isaac in tow,...so it will be 
      extra interesting and extra special,....because life with Isaac is truly OFF ROAD ADVENTURES!
48. Being comfortable in your skin,...it's easier to do at 50 than 30
49. Today,...today is the only day that matters, being fifty magnifies this truth - because you don't 
      have time to waste - cherish each day.
50. Serendipity: my guys took me out to dinner to celebrate my 50th birthday,...the restaurant was
      uber-crowded and we had to wait,...our table number number was 50,....come on,...that couldn't
      have been a total coincidence,...it was just too cool,...like being 50 years old,...half a century!



So I barely scratch the surface with my 50 Reasons I am Glad I am 50,...but what really matters is that I really am glad to have reached the half century mark,...especially when my writing this post is interrupted with a flower delivery from my husband,...he is THE man,...I am so blessed to have him in my life, and Isaac is THRILLED with the balloon,..."There it is,...balloon" says Isaac while I tear-up because my little guy is making such verbal progress,...


Does Isaac know it's my birthday? Not really,...I asked him this morning if he could say, "Happy Birthday," - a grumpy Isaac replied, "I CAN'T!" - and I knew better than to press,...after school, Isaac echoed, "Happy birthDAY" - and hummed a little of the birthday song,...but our little guy doesn't 'get' birthdays yet, but that's OK,...we've got a new decade to watch for those miracles and I still got after-school hugs and kisses,...and that's more than enough,....as my reasons testify: 

I am a blessed woman.

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.