At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Monday, February 9, 2015

Crying With My Son

Yesterday the airport parking deck was murkily dark, dank with fumes and utter chaotic with cars zooming through the darken lanes, people frantically rushing to and fro from the rent-a-center kiosk, the only well lit place in the unspeakable labyrinth, which had Isaac thrown into a total sensory-overload panic,...which wasn't helped by the fact Daddy and Teddy had disappeared among the dimly lit sea of cars to pick up rented vans.




It was an unavoidable situation, being stuck in the car, in the parking deck,...waiting for the kiosk computer to pull up whatever authorization forms had to be pulled up for those vans. Result? Isaac cried, inconsolably for he refused my iPhone (a rare treat) as his misery was too great, and I knew none of my soothing words or explanations were being heard or heeded,...and who to blame?

Autism or Apraxia, I didn't really care,...my little one was terrified,...he didn't understand the situation, and couldn't stop crying,...not even in my arms,...thus I cried too,...not in despair, for I knew the situation would resolve, sooner or later and we'd be free from the under-ground world of that surreal parking deck,...but in solidarity with my son,...

In that time and place, I had nothing else to offer but hugs and kisses and tears,...he was hurting and so was I,...helpless to communicate with my little one,...although the hugs seem to help notch the tears down to a sniffle.

Yesterday was not the first time I've cried with Isaac, because I had utterly nothing more to offer than the sympathy of my tears,...if you hurt, I hurt,...and I trust it won't be the last time,...but for those situations the expression of love seems the right solution:

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear,..." - 1John 4:18

Also the two sides of Romans 12:15:

"Rejoice with those who rejoice: mourn with those who mourn."



Thankfully with Isaac mourning is rare, very rare, so much so it inspires a blog post, while rejoicing, gets the lion share of blog posts, for it is an every day occurrence,...usually from sun-up to sun-down,...and quite a while after for I.I. is still a night owl,...but that's OK,...he's our sunshine,...night and day!

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.