At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Autism Awareness Day 2015

Ooops,...I nearly missed Autism Awareness Day, but I have a good excuse as
 I was having so much fun with my little guy,...it totally slipped my mind. 


We are so appreciative that others should take the time to acknowledge individuals with Autism,
to sponsor events, raise money, wear tee-shirts, and basically stand in solidarity 
with the Autism community. 



Autism and Apraxia are a part of our lives, 
we live with the challenges,
daily,
and nightly too,
although many of our little guy's sleep issues are resolving,
so take hope, utterly exhausted mothers and fathers out there,
we've been there, done that, and drunk countless cups of coffee to keep us going
but there can be a light at the end of the tunnel.


Early Intervention Preschool will be ending soon for Isaac,
and we'll be exploring new vistas. 
I am a little nervous,
but Isaac is not,
he's THE most fearless person, I've ever known,
and the most loving!


No agenda drives our little guy
aside from having a good time, 
and whenever Isaac is - fun - is never far away!

This kid, ROCKS when it comes to enjoyment,
and teaching us that THIS moment is all that matters,
for THIS moment is our existence!
So enjoy!
Giggle,
Laugh,
Greet everyone with a huge smile.
Why?
Because like Isaac, you're so happy to be alive,
YOU love yourself,
and everyone else, too.
That's Isaac's version of Autism in a nutshell:

I love me, I love you.




Or in other words, our little guy's feet never touch the ground!

Autism is something you never think will become part of your life,
but when it does, 
it is not the end of the world,
it is the beginning of a new universe!

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.