At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Monday, November 9, 2015

Kindergarten I.E.P. - Our Take


I.E.P Meeting was today,
It was reassuring to see the progress Isaac has made,
and to discuss his challenges with dedicated professionals who listened to my concerns,
offered reassurances, and practical strategies to help Isaac achieve his academic goals. 
Maybe even, a miracle or two occurred. 
Our little guy's academic folder is very, thick and weighty, but so are his disabilities,
in contrast Isaac's joy is feather-light, as our little guys always seems to be dancing on clouds.
Another I.E.P down, whew,...lots of signatures and data codes,
but Isaac's goals are spelled out,
and now the work begins. 

I took this montage to the meeting along with a picture of Isaac,
to introduce our little guy in greater depth.
It's easy to get lost in the isms and codes and lines and lines and lines to sign and date. 
But I wanted to stay centered on my task,
and my purpose,
which is helping Isaac's teachers,
help Isaac,...



There is no cure for Apraxia or Autism,
just help,
to navigate through life.
thus,
a Kindergartener's 
Individual Education Plan 
is just a reality of our life.

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.