At 42 Degrees

At 42 Degrees

Friday, October 14, 2016

Windy Whirlwind Weekend And A WOW!!!!

This past weekend was really windy and really busy for our little guy!!!

Fall Fun?
Isaac's all in for a good time!


So many events to choose from is truly a blessing.
Boo at the Zoo on Friday night,
or support your local school's fall festival?

Isaac thought the animals at the zoo would understand if he hung out with his school friends. 


Besides Isaac is never going to turn down some golfing!!!




Saturday was another blessings.
Our church's special needs ministry sponsored a fall event for the children and their families.
LOTS of LOVE
Bounce Houses,
lunch, 
balloons,
sensory tables,
and so much more,...

 Sand, sand, glorious sand,...Isaac could have stood here all afternoon,
digging up dinosaurs,....


But volunteers were blowing bubbles on a hilltop on a VERY windy afternoon,...




Bubbles and wind = FUN,...


Isaac chased,...




And chased,...


And chased some more,...

I did mention it was VERY windy?



Oh yes,...there were also BOUNCE HOUSES and slides,..



No need to add our little guy had a BLAST!!!

Weekends are fun,...but Mondays come around and school starts again,...

That means dressing a groggy Isaac who is sleepily murmuring, "More Sleep,...more sleep!"
Then brushing hair and teeth, 
with a little guy who is slightly unenthusiastic for the task.
All the while Mama is social storying as fast as she can:
"Let's get to school, and see your friends, eat breakfast, and say the pledge,..."


"Say the pledge?"
Why did I even mention that?
FIRST time ever have I mention to Isaac that he would say 
the Pledge of Allegiance at school. 
Hello, I know the pledge is pledged during the opening announcements each day.
There is flags all over the school. 
And I can only suppose Isaac puts his hand over his heart,
but say the pledge?

Well, the moment I got the toothbrush out of Isaac's mouth,
Isaac says the Pledge of Allegiance.
EVERY SINGLE WORD of the Pledge of Allegiance.
WHAT?
Yeah, Mama was picking herself off the floor.
I didn't KNOW that Isaac KNEW the pledge,
because frankly my two typical children didn't know the entire pledge in the First Grade,
it NEVER occurred to me Isaac knew the pledge.
But he does.
EVERY SINGLE WORD!!!
Is the pronunciation off?
Ah, yeah, but who cares,...my little guy has Apraxia, yet he can say the Pledge of Allegiance.
And I have video proof.
After all, I had to send the video to Papa, and Big Brothers, 
and show Isaac's teachers who were also FLOORED!!!
Before I showed the video to Isaac's speech pathologist, 
I had her sit down.
Lest, she be floored.
It is THAT dramatic,...especially as no one coached or taught Isaac,
the little guy just picked it up on his own,
but then again I.I. does HAVE an amazing memory!!!!
Of course that video was only needed for the initial reaction,
because I.I. really does know the pledge,
and can rattle it off,...the best he can when Apraxia allows.
It is a huge WOW!!!
Perfectly pronounced or not our little guy speaks
so beautifully,
with so much reverence,

Especially when he lisps,..."One nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all." 

Amen.

Until I post again,...may God bless and keep you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.